Total: HK$1000.00 (x 2 pots)
Height: 130cm (including the planters)
To ensure that bougainvillea blooms abundantly, strategically put it at a location where it is exposed to the direct sunlight for at least 5-6 hours or more in a day. In winters, when you bring the pot indoors, place it at a spot where it can receive an ample amount of light. Bougainvilleas are pretty drought tolerant and do not ask for frequent watering. It is always a good idea to water deeply when the topsoil goes dry, rather than shallow watering them frequently. In winter, when they go dormant, watering them once a week is enough. Bougainvilleas are known to have a nutritional deficiency.
Look out for:
- Pale green leaves indicate nitrogen deficiency.
- Leaves turning purple or red indicate a phosphorous deficiency.
- Purple edges on leaves, with brown tips, indicate a potassium deficiency.
- Twisted leaves indicate a zinc deficiency.
- If your plant is young and goes wilting, it indicates calcium deficiency.