Item : Hoya (shaded plant)
Unit price : HK$450.00
Lechuza Cube color 16
There are over 200 species of Hoyas, each of which has unique colors and shapes. This beauty is seen not only in the blooms but in the foliage as well. Hoyas are popular house plants that often bloom in the first year, but if they are indoor plants, there is a possibility that the process could take longer.
Best Tips To caring for Hoya Plant
- A Hoya plant needs soil that is rich, aerated, and drains well.
- Like most of the plants that we have in our homes, the Hoya likes to be fed with fertilizer. Use liquid fertilizer to feed your Hoyas about once a month during the growing season.
- Sunlight is important for a Hoya plant, but indirect sunlight is best. Having the plant hanging directly in your window will cause the leaves to burn from the direct heat of the sun. A north-facing window provides the perfect light for a Hoya plant, but if you do not have that lighting option available, fluorescent lighting will do the job as well. They prefer morning sun, but if the light is not sufficient, the plant may not bloom.
- These long lush plants do not need to be pruned, unless of course they are becoming unruly. I find that the only pruning that is required on a Hoya plant is cutting off dead growth and controlling the size of the plant. If the plant is becoming too long, cut it back and propagate the cutting to give to a friend.
- LECHUZA Cube color 16 -> The integrated soil irrigation system ensures that the plant receives the perfect amount of water. (Optimal supply of water and nutrients for strong, healthy plants) Water is the elixir of life for all plants - but too much can be as harmful as too little. Plants naturally know best how much water they need for optimal growth. The LECHUZA irrigation system helps plants extract what they need, just as nature intended. Thanks to a reservoir that always holds enough water and is controlled by a water level indicator, dried out or overwatered root bales are a thing of the past.